Thursday, July 23, 2015

My Homemade Pickles

I love pickles! I've always wanted to try making my own, but was afraid it would be too difficult or too time consuming. They are really easy to make! Everytime I make them now, I have to pass them out to friends because they are a favorite! Even to some friends who have never liked pickles, but LOVE mine! Lol...
My Homemade Pickles

2 large english cucumbers, sliced to your desired thickness
1/4 red onion thinly sliced                                                                                                                               2 cups red wine vinegar
2 cups water
4 cloves of garlic(I leave them whole, but you can also slice them if you prefer
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 cup kosher salt
1 tsp mustard seeds
3/4 tsp coriander seeds
1/2 tsp celery seeds
1/2 tsp whole black peppercorns 
1 jalapeno pepper, split in half (take the veins and seeds out if you don't like a lot of spice)

In a saucepan, combine everything except the cucumbers and red onions. Bring mixture to a boil and simmer about 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir and pour over sliced cucumbers and sliced onions. I put mine into mason jars and pour the liquid over evenly. Seal the jars and let cool. Once they are cooled, you can eat them!

No comments:

Post a Comment