Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Butter Chicken

My favorite Indian dish is butter chicken. I've always been a little afraid to attempt it myself, but finally got the courage to try it out! I used my Instant Pot, but you could always use a slow cooker. I was so shocked at how delicious it came out, seeing as I've never attempted Indian food before! I will be tackling Tikka Masala next! Stay tuned.....



Butter Chicken


1 can tomato sauce (14.5 oz...I didn't have tomato sauce, so I used fire roasted diced tomatoes and just pureed them before adding to the pot)
5 cloves garlic, minced
1-2 tsp ginger
1 tsp tumeric powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp cayenne (1 tsp if you like spicy)
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
1/2 of a small white onion, diced
2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs

Put the above ingredients into the Instant pot. (or slow cooker*)
Set to High Pressure for 10 minutes. Quick Release. Open the instant pot and Then add:

1 tsp Garam Masala
1 stick butter (4oz) or 1/4 cup ghee
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
4 oz heavy cream (Coconut milk, if you prefer)

Serve with basmati rice!


*If you are using the slow cooker, put everything into your slow cooker except for the garam masala, butter, cilantro and cream. Cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 6-8 hours. Before serving, add the garam masala, butter, cream and cilantro.

No comments:

Post a Comment